Some people think that parents have a great influence on their children others believe that the media is a bigger influence Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people think that parents have a great influence on their children; others believe that the media is a bigger influence. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

The topic of whether parents or media has a greater influence on children is of concern for many people. Some believe that the children ae more easily affected by their family members while some others disagree. As for me, I strongly agree the former.

Those who think parents provide the primary impacts on young kids hold the following reasons. Firstly, the children have direct contacts with their parents every day, their behaviours and living habits are shaped by what they see. As most of the children spend stay with parents for the largest part of their daily lives, parents are the people they see the most and imitate the most. All the simple values of life, such as love, goodness, sympathy, respect for others are basically learned from one’s parents. Secondly, it is undeniable that the natural bonding plays a vital role in children’s lifestyles. It is common to find that many children have the similar characteristics and personalities as their parents because they share the same genes. Therefore, children tend to adopt their parents’ behaviours and values as due to the genetic inheritance.

However, no on account should we ignore the influence of media. To start with, some advertisements which target to children instil them with different social values. Produced with amusing characters and eye-catching colours, these advertisements can easily draw people’s attentions and exacerbate their desire for material things. Thus, children are lured by material possessions and physical comfort. Besides, media can be widely accessed by a large numbers of audiences nowadays, allowing children to learn international affairs and current news. For example, some teachers encourage students to watch news programme outside the school time, which makes children learn more from mass media. In this way, children will consider TV is a study tool and believe the information that is delivered from it.

To sum up, I think that parents are more influential to their children. I will recommend that every parent should pay more attention to the kid and teach them the correct values.

As most of the children spend stay with parents
As most of the children stay with parents

Sentence: Some believe that the children ae more easily affected by their family members while some others disagree.
Error: ae Suggestion: No alternate word