Space travel tourism is developing What are both positive and negative effects of this trend

Space travel tourism is developing. What are both positive and negative effects of this trend?

Space travel is a trend in today's world. Some people claim that this trend motivates people to go beyond the limit and discover new things on other planets while others claim that this can result in financial loss for governments. My essay will discuss both positive and negative effects of this tendency.

On one hand, space travel tourism creates new opportunities. Educationally speaking, this trend stimulates people on Earth to discover new things on other planets. Scientific evidence shows that there is similarity between the Earth and planets outside, thanks to which humans can find out alternative natural resources and even make use of water on Mars to meet growing demand at home. Some samples of rocks and items are sources for scientists to come up with logical theories and predict accurately the effects of volcanic eruption. In addition, the need to travel outside this world is more prevalent, especially among youngsters who are fed up with mundane life. According to surveys, each year sees hundreds of youngsters and rich people who are ready to pay thousands of dollars to set their foot on new planets and even want to die there.

On the other hand, several drawbacks are seen in this trend. For one reason, governments should take into great consideration the matter of finance. The task of providing the most cutting edge space shuttles, training experts to control under high pressure and the like may add up to millions of dollars, let along the problem of physical health deterioration of passengers. Facts have shown that people's body will be distorted during the time they are floating inside the space shuttle, with their legs becoming thinner, faces being out of shape and internal organs adversely affected. To those who suffer respiration problems find it less comfortable to live an environmental without gravity. Air pollution is another disadvantage. With people appearing on other planets along with other equipment, the atmosphere of planets may be put in danger. Risks are extremely high in case of shuttle explosion as seen in a series of Apollo ships in America some years ago.

In brief, space travel tourism has both pros and cons. Any person who dares to enter a new world should be acutely aware of their finance, health, knowledge and risk before deciding to embark on the space shuttle.