Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

Relationship is a fundamental aspect of human kind because we are social animals. For some people, it is very important to improve their relationship with their old friends instead of finding new ones. Definitely, I do not believe in the idea that our previous friendships is important much more than new friendships for couple of reasons.

The first reason is that we must improve our network. This is a lesson I learned from Professor Snider, a faculty from colorado School of Mine, in a meeting in my university. “Networking is a nitty-gritty point in our life” Professor Snider mentioned. I believe in this point. For instance, graduate students attend in several meeting and conferences to present his academic work for other colleagues. But there is a cornerstone notion here. He must improve his academic network for his future. So, it is clear that he wants probably to apply for other institutions and he can help from his academic network. On the other side, an employee who works in a business must improve his network. This approach is seriously important specifically for those people who present a product. In fact, many companies find their clients via internet and social networks. So, the more network, the more clients.

The second reason our tendency to social activities. We all grew up in small families, then we go to school and community and finally we go to a larger society. In each stage of our life, we see much more friends. Of course some friends are tight to our notions and some are not. But as an important rule, we want to find much more friend. We need to see them and learn from their lives. For instance, many people want to travel abroad to see people in other countries. Accordingly, they want to see many people and friends all over the world. Another example is many parties we take part. Actually, the only reason is to find new friends and share our time with them.

To sum up, I do not believe in that we must save just our older friendships, but we are supposed to find new relations. I think new friend are satisfactory because we improve our friendship network and we can enjoy from our social activities.

The second reason our tendency to social activities.
The second reason is our tendency to social activities.