Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The movies and TV programs made in one‟s own country are more interesting than the movies and TV programs made in other countries?

As technology has progressed and improved our lives, watching movies and TV shows seem to become an indispensable activity in most people’s leisure time. If there were a movie that was made in our country, I would not be thrilled so much because it would not only be composed of things that I am familiar with but also scenes that are ordinary to me. On the other hand, foreign movies or TV programs are always interesting to me. They are telling the stories that we don’t know. The characters, places, and even just tiny objects seem to be so exotic and mysterious to me.

We are always so curious about foreigners. We could see people, cultures and natural sceneries so different from our own through foreign movies and TV programs. It is not only our eyes being captured by the colorful iris and hairs of foreign appearance but also the lifestyles they live. For example, I am really fond of a Jimmy Oliver’s cooking TV show. The way he made food and the ingredients he uses are so exotic and fascinating to me. On the other hand, cooking shows from our own TV programs are composed of those dishes and courses that would occur in everyday life, which are a bit of boring to me.

Technology is another point that makes foreign movies so interesting. Movie making is an gigantic industry and business in western countries, especially in America. Businessmen would pour huge investments into making movies, and there are also art schools which could cultivate excellent actors, actress and most importantly, the director. Nevertheless, production of a movie is never a major concern in my home country. People used to and despise one who works as artisans because job like this is not so real and necessary to the society.

To be honest, I have always been a person that easily get bored with things, and I am not saying that none of the TV programs and movies made in our country is good. After seeing all the normal, unchanged things everyday, I just simply want something new to refresh myself. And foreign movies and TV shows just happen to meet my taste.

watching movies and TV shows seem to become an indispensable activity
watching movies and TV shows seems to become an indispensable activity

I have always been a person that easily get bored with things
I have always been a person who easily gets bored with things