Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is certainly true to say that, many people believe that TV has destroyed social relations in the community, others are of the opinion that TV programs could play a positive role in society. In my opinion there are various benefits and drawbacks for TV in the society. In this essay I will mention both sides of the issue with my own perception.

On the one hand, multifarious points shore up the pros of TV. First and foremost, some television subjects provide a good discussion in the society. To be specific, several debated issues that appear in some TV shows tend to promote people to discuss with each other these issues. As a result, it increases the social interaction in the community. What is more, usually TV shows are highlighting the hidden problems and taboos in the society such as addiction, crime and poverty. Therefore, this will help to motivate authorities to search for the solutions for these problems. A case in point is OPRA WINFERY show which was the famous show worldwide that frequently discusses controversial issues and presents some successful experiences to motivate people to learn from these models. So it is clear that there are some advantages of watching TV.

On the other hand, if we look to the darker side, there are negative aspects of TV. Firstly, people often spend too much time watching television. So they spend less time in communication and face to face conversations, this is clearly can destroy the social integration of a society. Furthermore, children in particular are spending long hours watching cartoon shows and playing video games. Thus, they spend less time in outdoor activities such as playing with other kids and exercise activities. As a result of this they are likely to suffer from various medical problems. For example, obesity, visual problems and headache.

In conclusion, although TV has many positive aspects, I believe that there are many demerits in this tool. Therefore, it is our responsibility to get benefits from this gadget and protect ourselves and our children from its harmful effects.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. The topic is about how TV programs affect communications among friends and family, it is not about the advantages or disadvantages of TV programs.