Do you agree or disagree with the following statement You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
You can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The clothes people wear are like a window into their life. In the first glance, many aspects of a person life and personality can be inferred. Although some people refute this inevitable fact that we can learn a lot about people by the clothes they wear, I support it based on the following reasons.

First and foremost, if a person is wearing a uniform, we can find out about his or her job. People usually dress in accordance to their occupation and the activities they usually do. Several examples can be given to illustrate what was alluded to above. A cop uniform indicates that a person works for the police corporation. We can identify a nurse with one glance their white uniform and green mask. To sum, although it is not always true and applicable in all scenarios, the first thing one might notice about people’s clothes is their occupation.

Second, the clothes show people’s interests. Wearing fashionable clothes indicates that the person is interested to be up-to-date and to follow the new trends. If an individual wears formal clothes, it shows that the person likes official style. Athletes usually are passionate in sports styles and dress in that style. Moreover, if a person dress casually and looks untidy, it can be implied that the person is not discipline and organized. Therefore, the clothes people wear can demonstrate their personality and their interests.

Last but not least, people’s style of dressing can tell us whether they are affluent or not. Wearing expensive clothes, jewelry, and a brand watch certainly specifies that the person is rich. On the other hand, a person wearing T-shirt, pant, and a cheap shoe is not mark rich. In order not to overgeneralize what was mentioned above, some rich people, however, prefer to dress casually and simple because they reject vanity. However, the clothes certainly shows people’s social statue.

All in all, although some insightful people may reject the statement, I still agree that the clothes people wear can tell us a lot about them. We can learn out about their interest, their occupation, and their social status by looking at the type of clothes they wear.

a person life and personality
a person's life and personality

if a person dress casually and looks untidy
if a person dresses casually and looks untidy

is not discipline and organized.
is not disciplined and organized.

the clothes certainly shows people’s social statue.
the clothes certainly show people’s social statue.