Do you agree or disagree? "It is better to have broad knowledge of academic subjects than to specialize in one specific subject."

In today’s world, owing to the advancement of technology and invention of new and precise utilities human’s knowledge tree burgeoning dramatically fast. Thus, one may feel a desperate need to update his or her knowledge almost daily to keep up the pace with the fast-changing science. As a matter of fact, they should choose whether to specialize in one field or to try to widen the range of their knowledge. Among all the reasons, three of them which convinced me to prefer a wide range of knowledge are elaborated upon hereunder.

To commence with, the possession of broad knowledge provides people with ability to devise new methods and innovative ways of solving problems. It was curiosity of salient scientists that brought about development and bifurcation of science. To illustrate the point, consider Alan Turing who was a British mathematician. During World War II, British Army had to difficulty with deciphering Germans communication system, Enigma. The patriotic Turing helped British Army to decrypt the Enigma and not only made his country to win the war but also started the development of machines now we call them computers.

In addition to previous reason, having knowledge about different things gives you opportunity to find the subject that you are really born for. Everyone is actually born to do something special and specific in the world. His or her vocation during life is to find that one particular task and to do their best to carry it out. To do so, it seems expedient for everyone to learn new different things to find their vocation. It can be readily understood that having specific and limited knowledge about the world never guarantees that what you are doing is the best thing that you can.

And the rationale which brings up a rear is that knowing about wide range of subjects gives you social confidence. You would never feel afraid to start conversation with people if you were sure that you have a huge chance to both understand him or her and share something new to them. Thus, you feel confident and behave in a greeting and friendly manner. On the other hand, if you were an expert just in a particular subject, the variety of people who enjoy your attitude would decrease and this would make you introvert socially remote.

To draw a conclusion, if I were to choose between owning broad or specific knowledge, I would definitely opt for the latter one, in view of the fact that it bestows to me new ways of thinking, increases the chance of finding my innate interest, and gives me a genuine social confidence.

human’s knowledge tree burgeoning dramatically fast.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence? can you re-write this sentence?

provides people with ability to devise new methods
provides people with the ability to devise new methods

gives you opportunity to
gives you the opportunity to

you have a huge chance to both understand him or her and share something new to them.

Sentence: During World War II, British Army had to difficulty with deciphering Germans communication system, Enigma.
Description: A noun, plural, proper is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to Germans and communication