Essay topics: TPO-09 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay topics: TPO-09 - Independent Writing Task

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Although a vast number of people sincerely believes that technology has made our children less creative, I profoundly disagree with the stance. The reasons on which my prospect is based will be discussed in details below.

Firstly, technology such as television and the internet has created better environment for our progeny. In fact, children are sponges who absorb information around them and today's world is full of easily available data which buttresses creativity, makes their minds more elaborate and understanding of the world more thoughtful. For instance, one hundred years ago a son of a peasant who lived in a village had quite a limited knowledge about the world and his imagination was limited by his own life experience. By contrast, nowadays a daughter of a farm worker has almost unlimited access to information, knowledge which widen her imagination and creativity, she might have dreams more colorful and elaborate than a boy from the past could have had.

Secondly, technology has made us better parents. A number of illiterate, well-educated grown-ups keep growing around the globe; moreover, in average we become wealthier and richer as well. Those changes have led to better parenting because we have more profound understanding of what ought to be done for our progeny, we may support children's creativity and buttress their curiosity. For instance, a parent who lived two hundred years ago had to work from a dawn to a sunset, he worked hard and had no spare time which one might devote to the offspring. At the same time, today's parents usually have a relatively short working day and their toil is not that physically demanding as it used to be. As a result, a father or a mother who returns from one's workplace is able to distribute some time to the child. Furthermore, because of the level of education of contemporary adults, the attitude to creativeness has changed as well and nowadays parent will support and encourage baby's creativity.

Finally, development of technology ultimately leads to buttressing and developing creativeness at all levels of education from a nursery to high school. Teachers, educators have a deeper understanding of children's creativity from their studying at university, moreover, textbooks are written with the respect to this knowledge as well. For instance, in the past, students were taught to obey to rules at school, they had to sit at one place and to be obedient to the master. Today's schools do not suppress creativity but give it a hand of help. Even special classes and services were created to do the job.

To wrap up, today's children are surrounded by environment which helps them to be more creative; therefore, we may state that technology has a positive impact on children’s creativity.

The reason two and reason three are somehow similar.

----------------------