Is it easier to maintain good health today than in the past

Is it easier to maintain good health today than in the past?

Our health is a main asset that we have in life. With good health we can live and enjoy our lives, we become capable to do all types of activities that make us happy. Some people consider, that it is easier to maintain good health in our days than in the past. Others disagree. In my view, it is indeed easier to be healthy in modern world for several important reasons.

First, medicine made a big step for the last decades. I mean, with each we learn more and more about human body and ways to treat it which helps us to help people with diseases that earlier were considered incurable. Moreover, not only ways of treatment are developing but also a number of establishments that use them. For example, my grandmother died from cancer twenty years ago because in my country there were no ways to treat this disease. In fact, there were too little clinics that could detect cancer. However, there are a great amount of modern clinics with powerful equipment and qualified doctors in nowadays Russia. One of this clinics in Moscow helped to reveal hereditary cancer of stomach of my mother in early stages. Then doctor assign proper treatment to her and made operation. These actions saved her life and gave her more happy years of life with family. As you can see, medicine in modern world helps much more than previously to save lives and maintain health.

Second, more and more people in modern society begin to do sport activities. Furthermore, the number of gyms, baseball and tennis courts are growing so the number of people attending them and inviting their friends to join are growing, too. For instance, twenty years ago sport in my county was only for professionals and most part of the population done sports activities only at schools or universities. Therefore, grownup person could not find a place where he or she could develop body. Today world is different. Three years ago there was built a new big gym near my home. Before this time, I was not much interested in sports and have excess weight and fat, I had little muscles and could not lift heavy things. Nonetheless, closeness of gym and the fact that many of my friends go to it motivated me to start bodybuilding with a personal trainer. Three years passed and I lose all fat I had, my muscles grew and now I am even taking part in local bodybuilding contests. This experience taught me, that sport in modern society have a greater impact on people’s health than in past.

To sum up, in today’s world health is much more easy to save, maintain and fortify because of availability of modern clinics with expert stuff and wide spread of sport lifestyle. We should all take care of our health.

medicine made a big step for the last decades
medicine made a big step in the last decades

not only ways of treatment are developing but also a number of establishments that use them.

most part of the population done sports activities only at schools or universities.
most part of the population do sports activities only at schools or universities.

Today world is different.
Today's world is different.
The world is different today .

Three years ago there was built a new big gym near my home.
Three years ago a new big gym was built near my home.

This experience taught me, that sport in modern society have a greater impact on people’s health than in past.
This experience taught me that sports in modern society have a greater impact on people’s health than that in the past.