Many people feel that natural resources such as air oceans rivers and forests are under threat If you could choose one resource to protect which would it be Why Be sure to include specific reasons and examples in your answer

Many people feel that natural resources such as air, oceans, rivers, and forests are under threat. If you could choose one resource to protect, which would it be? Why? Be sure to include specific reasons and examples in your answer.

Resources like Air, Oceans, Rivers and Forests are precious gifts given by the Mother Nature to the Human Kind.

Life on the planet earth is only possible because we have these resources and may be this explains its value to Mankind. I totally agree with the statement that these resources are under threat. And it is our responsibility to protect all of them. But if I could choose one resource to protect that I would go for Forests. I will give reasons to support my opinion in coming paragraphs.

There are mainly three reasons why I would choose Forests to protect first. Very first reason is to save our environment from the harmful effects of the “Global Warming”. Yes, global warming is the burning issue for the all living creatures of the earth. One very recent example is huge weather changes in almost all the countries. In January 2014, North America was facing very cold climate where else the southern continent of America was under extreme Hot weather. At the same time Europe was struggling against the flooding and rain. This is the initial picture of global warming. We can imagine that still worst is to come if we do not take any steps to stop it. And very first step to stop this is to save Forests. Forest keeps our climate balance and prevents aggregation of very harmful gases in the air which are responsible for GW, like carbon dioxide. Second reason to save forests is very obvious. Forest brings 80% of the rain of each monsoon. And this will in turn increases the sources of the fresh water on the earth. Fresh water is an essential part of our life as it the only form of water used for domestic as well as agriculture purpose. Third reason behind protecting the forest is to save thousands of different creatures like birds, animals and insects living in the forest. Like us earth is their home also and we have no right to take away their home place just to build our own. These animals also play very important role in maintaining food chain. There are many species of animals that are already at the edge of disappearance.

To conclude, saving forests on the earth will bring many benefits to us like reducing the harmful effects of global warming, increasing the sources of fresh water and maintaining the food chain by preserving the home of many animal kingdoms. So, it is our duty to protect the precious resources for betterment of our future and to secure lives of our children on our planet earth.

And this will in turn increases the sources of the fresh water on the earth.
And this will in turn increase the sources of the fresh water on the earth.

Don't put three reasons in one paragraph. better to follow this pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion