Some people argue for a broad university education in which students learn about many different subjects. Others argue for a specialized university education in which students learn only about specific field of study. Which position do you agree with?

In university you can study a comprehensive major which gives you information about different subjects of science or a major in which you can learn only about a specific field of study. Some people agree with the first case and argue for the other one and some believe in converse. I personally believe that it depends on what is your purpose and interest for your future career.

Obviously, being specialized in a specific field of study would be highly important according to two essential desires in people. The first one is the strong enthusiasm for learning a considerable amount of information and skills in your favorite field. For instance, if you are interested in painting you seek to study illustration in art college to satisfy your ambitions and make your wishes come true. The second eager which requires you to proceed a definite major is your ideal job. Since, for a large number of jobs you must acquire some specific skills and knowledge to be able to be employed in.

However, broad university education would be beneficial in some cases. It can help conducting some careers which are engaged with several aspects. Since, I personally experienced in my job as a high school math teacher. I found out for being an efficient teacher not only should I be expert in teaching mathematics, but also I ought to know how to behave with children. Definitely, besides having complete knowledge in mathematics and tutoring skills, I should know about psychology to put up with their behaviors and manage the class. Furthermore, some people are interested in various subjects and like to study all of them. Therefore, the broad education which provides a variety of information about different subjects would be decent for them.

In conclusion, Although some professions requires expert people, you might need to be knowledgeable about several different fields of study for some particular occupations.

not only I ought to be expert in teaching mathematics, but also I should know how to behave with children
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.