Some people believe that in high school, boys should be in classes with only boys, and girls should be in classes with only girls. Other people believe that high schools classes should be coeducational, with students of both genders studying together. Whi

Some people believe that in high school, boys should be in classes with only boys, and girls should be in classes with only girls. Other people believe that high schools classes should be coeducational, with students of both genders studying together. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In many societies, the question of whether or not the students should have classes with same sex has become a contentious issue of debate among the psychologists and caused quite a stir in numerous circles and camps. There are both advantages and disadvantages in coeducational classes. Some people believe that high school classes should not be coeducational; some others, however, disagree. From my point of view, I counter the statement based on the following significant reasons.

First and foremost, in coeducational classes, since all students are taught by a same teacher, the balance and equality between boys and girls are maintained. They all study the same materials, listen to same lectures, and have similar conditions; hence, we can eliminate any bias and discrimination between girls and boys. Moreover, the competition between girls and boys can encourage the students to study more and take their education seriously. Consequently, coeducational classes, in my opinion, will make a better policy.

Second, the students can improve their social skills by taking part in coeducational classes. Learning how to communicate with different sex is crucial for students, since they should be able to cooperate and contact with their co-workers in the future. Developing these important skills would be very beneficial for the students in their career when they get a job. If they fail to work with people with different sex, they might being treated as social outcasts; and no one will respect them anymore. Therefore, even though it is more difficult to control a coeducational class due to sexual problems, attending coeducational classes is very advantageous for the students.

Last but not least, students can enrich their knowledge and experience by hearing different viewpoints and ideas for others. Obviously, girls and boys do not look at a topic from a same angle, because of their distinct character. Boys are usually interested in facts and intend to analyze things logically; on the contrary, the girls are more artistic and imaginary in their perspectives and opinions. Consequently, the students can learn distinct ideas from others.

All in all, although some sophisticated people might prove the other viewpoint, I still support the indisputable fact that participating in coeducational classes is a better policy for the students based on the reasons presented in the body paragraphs. In weighing the pros and cons, its trivial drawbacks can be overlooked by its substantial benefits; and I recommend all schools in the world to offer coeducational classes for students.