Some people say that advertisement encourages to buy things we do not really need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your a

Some people say that advertisement encourages to buy things we do not really need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, advertisements play an important role in the promotion of a company's product. There are different ways that one can exploit in order to advertise his product, such as television commercials, billboards in highways, internet advertisement e.t.c. However, many people support the view that the goal of contemporary advertisement is to make people buy things they do not need, whereas others contradict this point by claiming that the sole purpose of advertisement is to inform the customers. I believe, that there are many advantages and disadvantages that one should contemplate before making up his mind.

On one hand, one cannot ignore the fact that advertisement is the only source a person has in order to learn about new products. More specifically, due to the rapid technological advances that occur in every society, almost every day a new gadget is created. Therefore, people who want to learn about those products turn to advertisements or commercials that provide them with important features of the product. For instance, my friends and I are really interested in physics, thus learning about new innovative physical methods, or developments around a specific field in physics, is an important part of our lives. However, there is only one magazine in my country containing articles about physics and our only way to learn about its release date and contents is through television commercials.

On the other hand, there is no doubt that advertisements provides biased information about their product. To be more precise, advertisements reflect the company's view of the product, which might be misleading. Moreover, many companies might lie about specific characteristics of their product’s quality in order to make it more appealing to the consumer and increase their profit. In addition, in many occasions companies lie about fatal consequences that the usage of their product might have, despite the fact that they are fully aware of them. For example, 50 years ago, there were commercials about smoking, promoting its beneficial use, and avoiding to provide information about its long lasting results, making people to buy cigarettes.

From my point of view and taking into account the reasons that I have stated, the need to present a product's features objectively is essential for every human being in order to develops his critical thinking. However, advertisements do not provide that.

Sentence: For instance, my friends and I are really interested in physics, thus learning about new innovative physical methods, or developments around a specific field in physics, is an important part of our lives.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to innovative and physical

Sentence: From my point of view and taking into account the reasons that I have stated, the need to present a product's features objectively is essential for every human being in order to develops his critical thinking.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to to and develops