Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

Traveling offers people so many benefits. Thus, travelers can go other countries and know about their culture. While some people prefer to go on trips with a companion, others believe travel alone is better. In my opinion, solo travel provides more advantages than travel with groups for several reasons.

First, individuals are able to save money. Thus, they stay in more convenient and cheaper hotels. In addition, one reduces cost also by paying affordable public transportation. For example, I went to Boston 2 weeks ago. I arrived to the cheapest hotel I found online. Moreover, I paid the student's pass to use not only the subway, but also for the bus. By doing this, I returned to Miami with a half of the money I had saved to spend there. However, when traveling with a companion, persons have to agree the place they will rest during the travel. If this person wants to spend the nights in a five star hotel, the rest of the group has to consider it. To avoid having this problem I prefer to travel by myself rather than to travel with a companion.

In addition, solo travelers choose the place where they want to go. Thus, they avoid going to places they actually do not enjoy going. Traveling with another involves visiting so unwanted places for some of the members. For example, I do not like visiting Museums. In my travel to New York last year, I did not waste time going to these places. In contrast, I went to the zoos and the natural parks, which are the activities I am more interested in. By having the opportunity to spend my time effectively in the way a wanted helps me to enjoy more my travel.

Finally, a lonely travel aids human to practice new languages and improve speaking skills. Some individuals go to travel to meet with other ones from different counties and cultures. Going to a travel alone provides one the perfect opportunity to meet foreign people. For example, people from a Spanish country can practice English. Consider for example, my sister’s solo travel to Atlanta. Since she does not speak English at all, my sister was obligated to speak in English. Consequently, she could communicate with others in a foreign language. Furthermore, in her travel she met people, and she now has new friend in Savannah. If my sister were not travelling alone, she either would not have the opportunity to practice or would not meet friends there.

In sum, even though some people prefer to travel with companion, I think travelers get more benefits by traveling alone. The save money, and they choose the perfect place to go. In addition, one improves social life being able to practice languages and making more friends.

in the way a wanted
in the way I wanted

The save money
They save money