Topic: People have different ways of escaping the stress and difficulties of modern life. Some read; some exercise; others work in their gardens. What do you think are the best ways of reducing stress? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

Modernity is taking an important part of our lives these days. It brings us such convenience that we could not imagine the life without it. Like any other phenomena, it has its own negative side, among which, the stress it puts on people stands out. People, based on their personality, choose a different trend toward reducing the stress they face every day. In my view, walking is the best solution to relieve the stress for the following reasons.

The main reason is that it helps people to contemplate about themselves. When someone walks, he can have more time to talk to himself and ponder the questions in his head in order to make things right and set his mind free of what’s bothering him. For example, during my last semester in university, I had to take the most difficult courses of my major, civil engineering, which put lots of pressure on me. One night I was so stressed out and devastated that even thought about dropping my courses. My roommate, who saw me in this mood, suggested me to take a walk. As I listened to his advice and started walking, I thought about my goals in life, my decisions that leaded me to this field, everything that I have done since day one to be in my current situation and so many others things. Meanwhile, I came to the conclusion that my aims truly worth this hard work and that I’m going to harvest my efforts in near future. So, I came back home and continued my studies with less stress and more motivation. This experience taught me that walking can do more than relieving stress.

Another reason is that it helps the body to be in good shape and health. As we all know exercise causes the heart to pump better and convey the blood with more ease to every cell in our body. Therefore, this process benefits both the body and the mind. For instance, the other day I was watching a TV show about different kind of exercises and each one’s unique advantages. The host at the show mentioned how an hour of walking can burn 700 calories. She also stated that if this be repeated every day, can reduce the risks of heart attack and moreover keeps one in good shape due to the burning of extra body fat. As you can see, walking is a wise choice to make, even on a regular basis.

In sum, walking has more benefits than just reducing stress. Not only one will have time to think about himself, but also will keep his shape and health in good conditions. That’s why everyone should consider walking as the number one answer to everyday’s obstacles.

Not only one will have time to think about himself, but also will keep his shape and health in good conditions
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?