TPO 33:Agree/Disagree:When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, students will learn much more effectively than ask them to do alone.

TPO 33:
Agree/Disagree:When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, students will learn much more effectively than ask them to do alone.

Nowadays in the schools and universities there are many different ways that teachers use to give assignment to their students. Some of the ways which teachers assign projects to their students are group projects and single projects. There is a point of view that when teachers assign group projects, the students can much more effectively than working on projects solely. I personally agree with that statement because students can have many opportunities and it will improve their personal abilities.

Opportunities are one of the main factors that when students are working together, they can reach to wide range of them. Firstly, when students are working together for some assigned projects, they can learn many things. Sometimes assigned projects are very difficult that student need to cooperate with other students to share their ideas and manage the projects. Secondly, students can work together on group projects by social networks which make them to learn how to use these ways to communicate with each other. For example, I did not know the way of using Skype, a multimedia communication software, however, when we assigned to work on group with my friends on same projects, I learnt how to use this software. Hence, working together in groups brings many opportunities for students.

When people work in groups for the same goal, they can improve their personal abilities. Firstly, when students trying to work together, they learn how to react with other people, and how to react against different points of view. For instance, when students have same assigned group project, they express different ideas about the projects, and it causes them to respect each other. Secondly, working in groups projects improves the students ability in communicating with other people which is very important for their future life. For example, as students work together, they can improve their teamwork skills and use these skills in their future career to communicate with their fellow workers. Therefore, group projects improve students personal ability in different subjects.

All in all, as we discussed above, students can have many opportunities such as learning new ideas by working in group projects. Moreover, they can improve their personal abilities including teamwork skills. It is obvious that many students agree that they can learn more effectively when they work in assigned group projects. I wish a day that all teachers assign group projects to their students.