What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a foreign country? Give illustrations and reasons to develop your opinion.

The question is the advantages and disadvantages of living in a foreign country. When someone lives in a foreign country, personally I assert that there are many advantages like getting familiar with a new culture and disadvantage such as being homesick.

First, people in a new society can be very appealing for a foreigner. For example, I went to Dubai recently, although I saw many countrymen there due to UAE is located in vicinity of my country, I encountered to different cultural issues and behavior. They observe many social rules better than other Persian gulf’s inhabitants; albeit many police officers are not in city, during driving they ponder to notes and direction. Diversity of foods, drinking and trading centers are usually recommended by citizens to newcomers. My trips to UAE made me interested to my neighbors’ cultures in Middle East area.

Second, when people especially young persons, go to new country they experience some emotional problems. For example, I went to Madrid, Spain for 45 days, I felt that the meaning of being homesick. I was there for a technical period in a factory. I spent first days well, but after a short time I distracted and couldn’t concentrate on purpose of that trip because I am not autonomous from my family. My colleague was similar to me and we missed the Spain due to being far from our family.

To sum up, living in a foreign country has both advantages such as being familiar to new culture and disadvantages. The migrants can live in near countries to decrease the adverse effect of living abroad like being homesick. If they cannot, they must devote their time for family with new technology like internet.

I felt that the meaning of being homesick.
I felt the meaning of being homesick.