4 day work week

Essay topics

The article states that shorten working days is profitable for companies and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that decreasing in working day will not improve companies profit or economical conditions and refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the reading states that shorten working days results in lower payment. The professor refutes this point. He states that 4-day weeks force companies to spend lots of money in order to train employs and also it is needed to provide large amount of money for medical cares. He believes that in this situation companies have to invest more money in order to prepare good health conditions.

Second, the article claims that 4-day week results in lower level of unemployment. However, the professor says that this have nothing to do with unemployment. Employing larger number of workers is very costly so companies looking for other options which can make the situation worse for employs. For example, companies raise their expectations of current employees and may ask them to work as much as 5-day work employees. This excessive amount of work load would be unpleasant for employees.

Finally, the reading claims that shorten work week can increase individual quality of life. The professor says that this claim is not true. Working in shorten week have some risks which can reduce people's quality of life. For examples, employer preferred to promote people who works full time so the career of part time workers will be in jeopardize. In addition, in some difficult situations companies tend to fire part time works first and supervision or management opportunities is better provided for whom they are always at work.

shorten working days is profitable
shorten working days are profitable

this have nothing to do
this has nothing to do

so companies looking for other options
so companies are looking for other options

Working in shorten week have some risks
Working in shorten weeks has some risks

to promote people who works full time
to promote people who work full time

will be in jeopardize.
will be jeopardized.

provided for whom they are always at work.
provided for those who are always at work.