ethanol replaces gasoline

ethanol replaces gasoline

The article states that ethanol cannot replace gasoline in the future and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that ethanol is a good alternative to replace gasoline and refutes each of the author's claims.

First, the reading claims that ethanol will not help to solve the huge environmental problems because as the gasoline, ethanol release carbon dioxide, so it does not offer benefits to reduce the global warming. The professor refutes this point by saying that the increase of ethanol uses will not add more carbon dioxide to the environment. Moreover, the processes of growing plants, which absorb carbon dioxide, counteract the impact of this green gas by absorbing it from the air.

Second, the article posits that the increase of uses of ethanol will reduce the amount of plans which are used to feed animals, such as chickens and cows. However, the professor says that the large scale of ethanol production does not decrease the animals' source of food. Furthermore, ethanol can be extracted and produce from cellulose. The cellulose is a part of the plan is not eaten by animals. Thus, the amount of food use to nourish animal won't be reduced since cellulose is not ingested by animals.

Third, the reading says that ethanol prices won't ever be competitive with the prices of gasoline because ethanol is subsided by the government, so without subside the price will increase greatly. The professor opposes to this point by saying that in the future the cost of ethanol will compete with gas since any subside will be needed. According to the professor if ethanol is mass produced, the cost will decrease instantaneously. The speaker supports this fact by saying that when the ethanol drops its prices, the cost of the unit will be reduced to a 40%.

The cellulose is a part of the plan is not eaten by animals.
Description: two verbs in one sentence. can you re-write this sentence?