Group working

Group working

In this set of materials, both the reading and the lecture discuss whether " Group working is a beneficial tool or not". Whereas, the reading supports group working, the listener disregards this method and provides three reasons that he thinks overweight those in the article.

First, in the article the author says that a team work will find a solution to a problem faster than a single person will do because in this system each member will provide an idea. Notwithstanding, the listener doesn't agree with this idea and instead, suggests that working with a group is difficult because usually each individual claims a different concept something that evokes debates and even consume a lot of time to conclude which idea is the suitable one.

Second, in the reading is explained that a team work is beneficial because members are encouraged between them, thus at the end the results are better. Nevertheless, the listener doesn't support this point and claims that subjects who work in a group don't have personal opinions. In lieu, members focus in a leader and consider his or her decisions the valid one, thus ignoring other members' idea. Thus, a team group is not democratic.

Third, the article posits that a team work is able to take more risks, because the responsibility relies on the whole group. On the other hand, the listener thinks that not all the members who work in a group work the same, rather, some of them are more devoted than others, but at the end it won't care who was the one who worked more, instead all of them will receive the same credits for the project.

Second, in the reading is explained that
Second, in the reading it is explained that

subjects who work in a group don't have personal opinions
people who work in a group don't have personal opinions