The popular 5-day workweek has long been a staple in U.S. business. With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week, it has been seen as a model of efficiency. However, some companies and government agencies have begun converting to a

The popular 5-day workweek has long been a staple in U.S. business. With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week, it has been seen as a model of efficiency. However, some companies and government agencies have begun converting to a 10-hour-a-day, 4-day workweek. This conversion offers numerous benefits to both businesses and employees and should be seriously considered.

First, a 4-day workweek will alleviate some considerable expenses for the average employee. A recent national survey found that 34% of prospective employees turned down job offers because of long commutes to work. With the high cost of gas and vehicle maintenance, eliminating one day’s driving per week will reduce expenses by quite a bit, making the idea of working far from home more appealing and giving employees the opportunity to use the money saved to cover other, more pressing costs.

Second, reducing the number of working days will lower the operating costs of most businesses; employers won’t need to keep their business open an extra day. This will result in less money spent on fixed expenses, such as lighting and air conditioning, helping to improve a company’s profitability. By eliminating one business day, companies will not only save significantly on operating expenses but also have the additional benefit of a more efficient workforce continually energized with a 3-day weekend.

Third, a 4-day workweek will improve the ability of employees to spend time with their families. Work is often cited as the major reason why parents don’t spend time with their children and one reason why some stop working. With a reduced workweek, they will spend an extra day with their children and other loved ones, helping to improve their overall quality of life and thus sending them back to work happier.

According to the lecturer and reading, there are several positive points about 4 day workweek and several negative points about 4 day workweek. The lecturer explains that there will be many disadvantages about 4 days a week for workers. However, the reading passage contends that 4 days will give many opportunists for workers.

The first point that the lecturer makes is that there is a few benefits with four days a week but not always, According to the professor, when the workers spend only 4 days a week for saving money that they pay for gas it wont affect that much. For instance, if they drive 30 mile a day, so they will save only 15-20 dollars per day. For a year will be 850 dollars and that is not enough. This point from the lecturer contrasts with the reading because the reading only says that A recent national survey found that 34% of prospective employees turned down job offers because of long commutes to work. With the high cost of gas and vehicle maintenance.

Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is the decision of four days a weeks will lead to loss 20% of their businesses. The lecturer claims that even if they added two hours per day so they will spend the evening in work. However, the reading only states that reducing the number of working days will lower the operating costs of most businesses.

Finally, the professor stated that, on the other contrary of the reading, 4 days will lead to spend less time with family. In other words, spending the two hours in the evening it's not good idea for the workers who have children's, because they will have to pay more to the daycare for evening hours. This contradicts the final idea of the reading passage because it only says a 4-day workweek will improve the ability of employees to spend time with their families.

Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is the decision of four days a weeks will lead to loss 20% of their businesses
Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is that the decision of four days a weeks will lead to 20% loss of their businesses

spending the two hours in the evening it's not good idea
spending the two hours in the evening is not good idea

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

----------------------