specific points made in the reading passageReading passage:Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep body temperatures constant. For instance, humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37 C, no matter whether th

specific points made in the reading passage
Reading passage:
Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep body temperatures constant. For instance, humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37 C, no matter whether the environment is warm or cold. Because dinosaurs were reptiles, and modern reptiles are not endotherms, it was long assumed that dinosaurs were not endotherms. However, dinosaurs differ in many ways from modern reptiles, and there is now considerable evidence that dinosaurs were, in fact, endotherms.

Polar dinosaurs
One reason for believing that dinosaurs were endotherms is that dinosaur fossils have been discovered in plar regions. Only animals that can maintain a temperature well above that of the surrounding environment could be active in such cold climates.

Leg position and movement
There is a connection between endothermy and the position and movement of the legs. the physiology of endothermy allows sustained physical activity, such as running. But running is efficient only if an animal's legs are positioned underneath its body, not at the body's side, as they are for crocodiles and many lizards. The legs of all modern endotherms are underneath the body, and so were the legs of dinosaurs. This strongly suggests that dinosaurs were endotherms.

Haversian cannals
there is also a connection between endothermy and bone structure. The bones of endotherms usually include structures called Haversian cannals. These cannals house nerves and blood vessels that allow the living animal to grow quickly, and rapid body growth is in fact a characteristic of endothermy. The presence of Haversian cannals in bone is a strong indicator that the animal is an endotherm, and fossilized bones of dinosaurs are usually dense with haversian canals.

According to the lecturer and the reading, there are several positive points that support the nature endotherms and several negative points about endotherms. The lecturer explains that dinosaurs are not an endothermic animals. However, the reading passage contends that the dinosaurs are endotherms.

The first point that the lecturer makes is that their body temperature is not constant. According to the professor, whenever the weather was cold so the dinosaurs migrated to a warmer area. This point from the lecturer contrasts with the reading because the reading only says that the dinosaurs can maintain an internal temperature of 37 C just like humans, so they are endotherms.

Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is the structure of legs position underneath their bodies has other advantages. The lecturer claims that this structure supports more weigh and the already has the nature to grow larger, being large has advantages for dinosaurs. However, the reading only states that the legs structure of dinosaurs strongly suggests that dinosaurs were endotherms.

Finally, the professor stated that, on the contrary of the reading many dinosaurs have havarsian canals. In other words, they also have growth rings that thickening bones and indicate rapidly growing. There growing was slow during cold periods and this characteristic is not included with endothermic mammals.

Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is the structure of legs position underneath their bodies has other advantages.
Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is that the structure of leg's position underneath their bodies has other advantages.

and the already has the nature to grow larger
and it already has the nature to grow larger

dinosaurs are not an endothermic animals.
dinosaurs are not endothermic animals.

Sentence: Another point that the lecturer uses to cast doubt on the reading is the structure of legs position underneath their bodies has other advantages.
Suggestion: Refer to legs and position

Sentence: However, the reading only states that the legs structure of dinosaurs strongly suggests that dinosaurs were endotherms.
Suggestion: Refer to legs and structure

Sentence: There growing was slow during cold periods and this characteristic is not included with endothermic mammals.
Description: An existential there is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to There and growing

----------------------