TPO 13 Task 1

TPO 13 Task 1

Essay topics in audio

The lecturer argues the fact that fossil business is fully a negative activity. In fact, she states that presented information in the reading passage is completely exaggerated.

First, she points out it isn't true to say fossil collectors don't provide the opportunity for other people to see their collections. Indeed she believes they make great efforts to collect many fossils and their activities increase our chance to see the extinct creatures more and more. On the other hand, the reading passage states that they make it harder for public to see fossils and consequently the public's desire to fossils will decrease dramatically in the future.

Second, the professor explains it is inevitable for collectors to don't allow other people specially scientists visit their fossils. In fact, she demystifies they will scrutinize fossils themselves because they want to know more about the discovered fossils. In the way of analyzing they will certainly need the help of some scientists and experts. So she elaborates it is a wrong thought that collectors will keep their collections away from scientists and researchers. In contrast, the reading passage asserts fossil owners won't give the chance of new discoveries to universities and museums.

Third, she makes it clear that the discovery of more fossils is preferable than less ones with more evidences. She claims that it isn't good reason to prohibit fossil business because may they destroy some evidences after their discoveries but the important issue is the significance of the quantity of fossils. In opposition, the reading passage says fossil collectors always miss some useful evidences during discovery or after it.

it is inevitable for collectors to don't allow other people specially scientists visit their fossils.

it isn't good reason
it isn't a good reason