TPO 21

Essay topics

In these set of materials, the reading states that planting genetically modified trees on a large scale promises to bring a number of benefits. And it provides three reasons of support. However the professor opposes the article. He states that there is serious problems and costs associated with genetically modified trees. And she refuted each of the author’s reasons.

Firstly, the reading claims that genetically modified trees are designed to be harder than natural trees. They are more likely to survive than their unmodified counterparts. On the other hand the professor refutes this point by saying that even though genetically modified trees can resist the harm that is caused by a particular condition. They can’t ensure their survival. Since non-modified trees are diverse. So , at least some of them can resist the hard condition. But, genetically modified trees are meant to be unformed. Any changing in the surrounding condition can get them to be wiped out.

Second, the author asserts that genetically modified trees promise to bring a number of economic benefits to those who grow them. Conversely, the professor states that, there are hidden costs for the modified trees. Companies charge farmers a lot for seeds. And they charge them –by law- each time they want to plant those seeds again.

Third, the reading posits that the use of genetically modified trees can prevent over exploitation of wild trees. But the speaker disagrees with the text. He says genetically modified trees can cause even more damage to the environment. It can grow more rapidly, and aggressively and thus compete with native trees for sources like light, water, and nutrients. So it can hurt natural trees.

there is serious problems
there are serious problems