tpo 22 task 1

tpo 22 task 1

In this set of material the reading passage is about ethanol fuel, which has become popular in the United States; however the reading passage mentioned some bad effects about the usage of ethanol. On the other hand, the listening passage is a lecture by a professor, who completely disagree with the mentioned reasons in the reading passage and believes that the ethanol is better solution tan gasoline.

According to the reading passage, writer believes that ethanol has some environmental effects on global warming by producing carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas; to explain more, he believes that ethanol produce bigger amount of carbon dioxide than gasoline, and, as a result, it causes global warming. In contrast, professor believes that the fact of producing carbon dioxide by using ethanol is true; however, producing more ethanol needs more plants like corn, and massive amount of carbon dioxide will use by corns and other crops as a result.

In addition, according to the second reason, the reading is talking about the effect of ethanol on plants and animals; to explain more, the writer believes that as a result of producing more ethanol, a huge amount of food for the some animals like cows and chickens would disappear because they eat corn. On the other hand, professor believes that the reason is not reasonable because ethanol could derive from other resources like sugar cane.

Finally, reading passage believes that increasing in using ethanol have an effect on its price and the effect is increment in the ethanol price; moreover, the ethanol producer companies are receiving subsidies from government. However, professor believes that is not a problem at all; in addition, she believes that more product will reduce the price as a result.

is a lecture by a professor, who completely disagree with the mentioned reasons
is a lecture by a professor, who completely disagrees with the mentioned reasons

the ethanol is better solution tan gasoline.
the ethanol is a better solution than gasoline.

ethanol produce bigger amount of carbon dioxide
ethanol produces bigger amount of carbon dioxide

increasing in using ethanol have an effect
increasing in using ethanol has an effect

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages a lot but put more content from the lecture.