TPO 58 Integrated SPARTACUS

TPO 58 Integrated
SPARTACUS!!!!@#!!

Despite the fact that Spartacus is dubbed as a hero because of his leadership when he fought against the Roman oppressors, the lecturer claims that some stories are not precise.
Even though Spartacus main objective was to leave Rome and get home to run away from slavery, it wasn´t his only goal. He could have taken the opportunity to leave the city, but he didn't take it. He marched into the town to take as many precious items as he could. Moreover, he possibly was trying to dominate Rome, looking for revenge, and to be rich. Those are not admirable purposes.
In addition, the author claims that Spartacus and his men had the ability to fight against the powerful Roman army and they won some battles. The professor refutes this by mentioning that Spartacus was not a brilliant leader and Romans didn't believe that in the initial fights, he could face them. In the first confrontations, the Romans sent the most disable military to confront them. However, when the Romans dispatched their best soldiers, they won the war easily.
Finally, the reading passage says that Spartacus tried to give freedom for all Roman slaves and supported human rights. The lecturer explains that there is no evidence this is true. She mentions that it happened in 18th century and there was an anti-slavery movement