tpo12

tpo12

In this set of materials, both reading and listing part discuses about Jane Austen, who is the one of the famous novelist but do not have any picture of her; except one sketch of her face, which there are some doubts to accept it as real portrait of her. Based on this disagreement; reading and listening part provides evidences that are contradicts each other.

First of all, passage states that the family of the Austen illustrate her portrait after her death on her edited letters that published after her death; however, they published in 1882 that was seventy years after her death; so, the family, who claimed that it is her picture did not see her face to face. Thus, there are some doubts about its accurate.

Secondly, the reading part mentions to similarities between the features of the picture by the other portraits of other family members that defines the owner of the picture is Jane. On the other hand, the professor mentions that Austen family was very extended family with lots of cousins; so, there is not any evidence to support that it is the Jane and it is not another member of the family.

Finally, the lecture mentions to style of the painting that links to Ozias Humphrey, who was active in late 1780s that period interact by Jane Ages. But, the listening part illustrates a point that rejects this evidence. As it mentioned in the listening part, although the style is linked to Humphrey, the stamp of the painting is related to William Leg, who sailed to the London when Jane was 27years old, and this age is too older than that teenager who draw on the picture.

evidences that are contradicts each other.
evidences that contradict to each other.

the family of the Austen illustrate her portrait
the family of the Austen illustrates her portrait

Austen family was very extended family
Austen family was a very extended family

there is not any evidence to support
there is no any evidence to support