TPO.27

TPO.27

The article states about some doubts towards journey of Robert E. Peary to North pole in 1909. The article states that it was completely true and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor in the lecture casts serious doubt on the passage by using a number of points that are contrary to each of the author's reasons.

First of all, the reading claims that a committee dependent to national geographic society proves that Peary's account is authentic. In contrast, the professor refutes this point by saying that there is no a solid evidence about this claim and committee' view is not convincing. He mentions that a lot of committee's members were friends of Peary and maybe they had received money. So this idea is not objective.

On another hand, the article posits that an expedition proves that days to reach North Pole are 37, just as Peary argues. However, the teacher describes that it is not true. According to the teacher 37 days is related to carry foods by air plane. However, Peary carries them himself.

Finally, the article makes it clear that there are some photographs about Peary's journey in order to support his claim. Conversely, the lecturer opposes this point by explaining that photo has not proves anything. We also learn that, his claim is dependent on shadow of photo, but we can find anything about the exact position of photo. Also, the place of sun in the sky is not credible in his photos.

37 days is related to carry foods by air plane.
37 days are related to carry foods by air plane.

by explaining that photo has not proves anything.
by explaining that photos can not prove anything.

his claim is dependent on shadow of photo
his claim is dependent on the shadow of photos