TPO4

Essay topics

In the passage the author claims that dinosaurs are not part of the reptile’s family, and they are endotherms. And he provided three reasons of support. However, the professor disagrees with this idea; she says that many scientists have problems with this arguments , and she believes that dinosaurs are not endotherm. She refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the author avers that dinosaurs fossils that have been discovered in the polar region are a strong evidence that dinosaurs in fact occupy the polar region and was able to maintain their temperature around year. And that means they are endotherm. On the other hand the professor opposes this point. She says polar regions that time was much warmer than today. And even not endotherms were able to live there. And in the cool time in the polar region back then, dinosaurs were able to migrate or hibernate so they could survive. So finding dinosaurs’ fossils in the polar region not necessarily prove dinosaurs was endotherms.

Second, the passage assert that dinosaurs were endotherms because the leg position underneath their body, enables them to practice physical activities and makes them look like modern endotherm. On the other hand, the professor opposes this idea too. She believes that leg position’s advantage was not necessarily running. But leg position underneath dinosaur’s body enabled them to grow larger.

Third, the author claims that the existence of Haversian canals inside bone structure in the absolute evidence that dinosaurs were endotherms. However, the professor refuse this idea, she says it’s true that there is Haversianal canals inside bone structure but there is also period rings which indicate dinosaurs change their growing rhythm. sometimes they grow rapidly even in the cold weather and sometimes they grow slowly. And that lead to the conclusion; dinosaurs are not endotherm.

Sentence: However, the professor disagrees with this idea; she says that many scientists have problems with this arguments , and she believes that dinosaurs are not endotherm.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and arguments

Sentence: Second, the passage assert that dinosaurs were endotherms because the leg position underneath their body, enables them to practice physical activities and makes them look like modern endotherm.
Description: The fragment passage assert that is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace assert with verb, past tense