tpo7

tpo7

The reading claims that the wood companies in the United States will adopt the new ecological friendly practices in order to receive ecocertification and it is unlike to do that in the United States for several reasons. In contrast, the professor states that there are good reasons that companies in the United States will seek the ecocertification. He refutes each of the author's reasons.

First, the article avers that American consumers are exposed to so much advertising that they would not value or even pay attention to the ecocertification label. However, the lecturer counters this point by stating that the consumers in the United States can distinguish between products that new and improved product and they trust the companies' claims about the products. In fact, he mentions that american people have a lot fof confident about the ecrecertification wood products.

Second, the passage posits that ecocertified wood will be more expensive than uncertified wood and consumers tend to be strongly motivated by price. On the other hand, the speaker opposes this point by saying that it is true that consumers care about the price, but a study shows that the price is not a deciding factor to choose the products. Actually, he argues that if there is a small difference in the price of two products, american would choose a product that has value and protects the environment. So american would prefer the ecocertified wood.

Third, the article asserts that pursuing certification would make sense for american wood companies only if they marketed most their products abroad. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that they pay attention to the ecocertified wood business is not because the foreign countries but because the competition between them. He adds that if american companies are slow, foreign companies will soon start their businsses in the United States.

between products that new and improved product
between products that are new and improved products

they pay attention to the ecocertified wood business is not because the foreign countries but because
they pay attention to the ecocertified wood business not because the foreign countries but because

Sentence: He adds that if american companies are slow, foreign companies will soon start their businsses in the United States.
Error: american Suggestion: American
Error: businsses Suggestion: businesses