Writing 1 toefl

Essay topics

Recently, there has been a lot of debate whether or not ethanol could be consider as an alternative for gasoline. The professor believes that ethanol could be an important competence for gasoline. However, the text claims that ethanol could never replace gasoline.

First of all, the professor asserts that the production of ethanol is not going to add to global warming. He explain that it is true that burning ethanol will result in producing carbon dioxide, but hence ethanol is produced from corn and corn absorb carbon dioxide to grow this would significantly reduce carbon dioxide percentage. However, the text refutes this by stating that ethanol is just like gasoline they both release carbon dioxide when they burned to fuel.

Secondly, the professor contends that producing ethanol from corn will not affect in any way the amount of corn needed to feed the animals. Moreover he added that ethanol is only produce from cellulose, which is a part of corn that the animal usually do not consume. On the other hand, the text states that ethanol production from corn will significantly reduce the amount of corn needed to feed animals.

Finally, the professor claims that in future ethanol will be able to compete with gasoline on price. He added that studies shows that when the production of ethanol is increased only by 3% it will lead to 40% cost reduction. When people buy more ethanol it will lead to price reduction for sure. However, the author explain that there is no chance ethanol could compete with gasoline on price. The text also added that it costs government a lot to keep supporting ethanol prices.

ethanol could be consider as an alternative
ethanol could be considered as an alternative

ethanol is only produce from cellulose
ethanol is only produced from cellulose

that studies shows that
that studies show that

Don't forget punctuation marks.