A. A Tour of the Airport

Listening audio
Listening level
Basic

A. A Tour of the Airport.

1. Choose the best answer (a, b, or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Arrivals and departures are __________.

a. at the same place b. separated c. not mentioned on the tape
(2) The banking service opens __________. a. around the clock b. 12 hours a day c. 20 hours a day
(3) There are _________ in the departure lounge. a. two Skyshops b. three Skyshops c. four Skyshops
(4) In the Skyshops you cannot find _________. a. confectionery b. souvenirs c. clothes
(5) _________ of the check-in desks are for _________ Airways. a. Sixty-four; British b. Seventy-two, French c. Eighty-three, American
(6) At the passport control and security, __________. a. passports are examined swiftly b. passports are examined very carefully c. passports are not examined
(7) You don't have to put on your hiking shoes because __________. a. there are lifts b. there are plenty of seats c. there are moving walkways
(8) The painting by Brendan Neiland measures __________ in length. a. eight feet b. twelve feet c. twenty feet
(9) It is mentioned that the duty-free shops all sell __________. a. jewels b. wines c. perfume
(10) All the bars, restaurants and cafeterias have names including the number _________. a. two b. four c. six

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Public telephones are near the first duty-free shop.
(2)
The international telephone bureau is next to the insurance desk.
(3)
There is a moving walkway to the gates.

Listening answers

A. A Tour of the Airport.

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
There is a moving walkway to the gates.