Claim Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today Reason The world today is significantly more complex than it was even in the relatively recent past Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or di

Claim: Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today.
Reason: The world today is significantly more complex than it was even in the relatively recent past.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Due to technological progress in several fields, things have become simpler to execute, but at the same time complex to develop. If one compares today's high-pace life with the much simpler existence of our ancestors, it seems valid to claim that things which happened before are trivial to know as they are no longer helpful. However, the reason that as things are getting more compact and complex, doesn't underestimates the importance of our past developments as they continue to be the cornerstone of many existing developments in diverse fields and will continue to be in future.

Understanding the nature of a particular event in past has helped historians and economist to analyze current trends and make important decisions for today. Stock markets and traders used past trends of a business to predict future loss/profit. Understanding the significance of a particular culture or system of a country through the nature of past happenings, gives historians insight into the reason due to which such system exist and its importance for the society. This knowledge is vital as any changes in the current trend shouldn't hurt people's sentiments.

Even in the field of scientific research, knowledge of past results of a particular finding has guided scientist to take the same research to the next level. Many advancements in the field of science are derivates of past developments. Computers, mobile gadgets etc are enhanced versions of past findings. Similarly, developments in fields of medical are stimulated by several years of research. Improvements in diagnostic methods and treatment, eradication of disease like small pox wouldn't have been possible without the guidance of the study that happened in the past for the same.

Further, past information helps correct fallacy and gives direction. It becomes the basis for any progress or invention. Information about an analogous event from past has helped several research, equipping them with significant data and results from the past. This information is helpful as researchers can analyze past results and make necessary changes for any error, it also makes the process of finding faster by giving it a right direction.

Hence, past knowledge is vital for any study as it gives insight into the consequences that happened before, also provides guidance and direction for future research.

Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.