Advantages and disadvantages of using Facebook 120 150 words

Advantages and disadvantages of using Facebook (120-150 words)

Facebook, the biggest social network in the world which attracts about 1.84 billion visitors per month, comes with its own pros and cons. Some advantages and disadvantages are discussed following. First of all, by creating an account, people can socialize with friends, family, relatives and even follow celebrities. Facebook is suitable for both computers and mobile phones. Therefore, we have more opportunities to make new friends and interact with them almost every time we want. Moreover, this app provides better communication through chatting and making video calls. Secondly, there is no limitation of entertainment on Facebook. Whenever we have free time, a variety of fascinating things to do are available such as: uploading photos, sharing our thoughts, playing some types of games, etc. Above all, these things are free. Nevertheless, spending too much time using Facebook can cause Facebook addiction. Addicted person usually has trouble in real-life relationship and practical skills. Furthermore, it is quite difficult to keep users' data private. In fact, there had been a major scandal called 'Facebook - Cambridge Analytica data scandal' since Cambridge Analytica harvested personal data of millions people and used it for political purpose. Finally, a lot of posts and videos have violent and depraved content that might affect children and teenagers seriously. In conclusion, whether Facebook affects us positively or negatively depends on how we use it.