application letter

application letter

Dear Ms Roberts

I am writing in reply to your advert for the above post, which was advertised in The Guardian on Tuesday 30 April 2007, and I enclose my CV in application.

I am currently in the final year of a BA (Hons) course in Business Economics at City
University, Bristol, and expect to graduate in June 2007. I have always wanted to pursue a career as an economist within an international environment and have been able to tailor my studies to that end. I have obtained A grades in the Economic Data Analysis, International Economics, and Economics of Business Strategy modules, and am currently completing a dissertation on the growth of e-commerce in the European Union. I am fluent in spoken and written Spanish, having built on my A-level proficiency in that subject when working in Spain and Mexico.

In addition to the qualifications and abilities outlined above, I have kept my IT skills fully up to date (including MS Excel and Access) and am competent in a wide range of business data analysis operations. The post also requires someone with good communications skills who is able to negotiate with corporate clients: I enjoy making new contacts and establishing relationships with a wide range of people, and have successfully liaised with Spanish companies when arranging student activities while I was a Teaching Assistant in Seville.

I feel that the position offered would be ideal in giving me the opportunity to use my education and skills to provide a high level of service for the international client profile you describe.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
Sara Green