How children are socialized today determines the destiny of society. Unfortunately, we have not yet learned how to raise children who can help bring about a better society

The speaker asserts that what determines the destiny of society is how children are socialized. The speaker also makes a negative conclusion that we have not yet learned how to raise children who can help bring about a better society unfortunately. I fundamentally agree with the speaker insofar as socialization plays an important role in forming children’s world view and value view. However, just because socialization is only one part of what influence children’s behavior, there are many other factors might influence the children growing up process. In other words, not only how children are socialized determines the destiny of society.

Admittedly, unless a child is allowed sufficient opportunities for healthy interaction with peers, that child is likely to grow into an ineffectual, perhaps even an anti-social, adult. It is a quite important time to form children’s world view and value view when they were still young. During the time, communication with peers, whether their comprehensions of the world or value are the same with or different from them, is so crucial. Healthy interaction can avoid being cranky, arrogant and self-contemptuous. It makes the children better understand the complex world and accelerate the attitude of them become mature. We can image that if a child never communicates with peers or dislikes to participate the social activity, the world would be forever strange to him/her, and he/she would forever be closed in his/her own world. Gradually, the character of the child would be deviant and society would be distorted in his/her eyes. Many criminals acknowledge that their childhoods were lack of healthy interaction with peers and this ultimately made them breakdown.

However, socialization is only one factor influencing the extent to which an individual will ultimately contribute to a better society. I concede that as I stand before socialization is indispensable during the time children grow up. But to bring about a better society many other factors are also crucial and important. For example, people who make great contribution to the society always were served perfect education in the childhoods. Take Newton and Lincoln for example. The attitude of scientism makes them closer to success. If we say that it is the children’s performance that determines the future destiny of society, then not only the process of socialization but also a good education that determines children’s future contribution to the society.

Turning to the second claim, if we define a “better” society as one characterized by greater tolerance of differing viewpoints and people who are different from ourselves, greater respect for individual rights, and greater cooperation across cultural and national boundaries, then the children of the most recent half-century are creating a better society. They never stop to create a world that full of peace and freedom. In that world people respect to each other even when others’ viewpoints are different. And nowadays most children have a commonsense that pursuing a world that every people in it have equal right to speak and perform is an international dream. At this point, I think children help bring about a better society.

In sum, I fundamentally agree with the speaker insofar as socialization plays an important role in forming children’s world view and value view. But not only socialization contributes to the growing up of children. And if we define a “better” society as one characterized by greater tolerance, greater respect and greater cooperation, then the children of the most recent half-century are creating a better society.