TOEFL Task 2 Professor Today we re going to talk about the debate between economic growth and protecting the environment Economic growth creates new jobs and gives people money they can use to improve their lives On the other hand if we protect the enviro

TOEFL Task 2:
Professor
Today we’re going to talk about the debate between economic growth and protecting the environment. Economic growth creates new jobs and gives people money they can use to improve their lives. On the other hand, if we protect the environment it can be enjoyed both by ourselves and future generations. If you had to choose between prioritizing economic growth or protecting the environment, which one would you choose. Why?
Alex
I would prioritize the environment. We only have one planet and if we don’t take care of it, we won’t have pleasant lives in the future. Economic growth can be important, but not at the expense of the environment. I think we need to shift towards more environmentally-friendly economic practices, such as investing in renewable energy and promoting environmentally-friendly technologies. We’ll all live much healthier lives if the world around us is clean.
Maggie
While I agree with Alex that environmental sustainability is important, I think that economic growth is the only way to solve many of the social and economic problems we face. We need a strong economy to create jobs, reduce poverty, and improve standards of living. Not only that, but if companies grow stronger and more profitable, they might eventually develop new technologies that solve our environmental problems.

In my opinion , I would prefer the economical growth in a sustainable way. Economic growth is the fruitful way to solve the social and economic problems. We need a strong economy to create jobs, reduce poverty,manage research funding, improve educational sectors and improve standards of living.If companies grow more profitable and successful, they might manage funds to the research sectors for developing more sustainable technologies which will be more effective for environment. For example, in our country , BRAC company have already donate money for the advanced research to achieve sustainable development goals which have been introduced from UNDP. I believe that without protecting the environment we cannot live much healthier.

need some content to review the conversations, not just your opinions.

read sample academic-discussion-task essays from users:
https://www.testbig.com/users/ali
https://www.testbig.com/users/goldman
====================