Your professor is teaching a class on marketing Write a post responding to the professor s question In your response you should express and support your personal opinion make a contribution to the discussion in your own words An effective response will co

Your professor is teaching a class on marketing. Write a post responding to the professor’s question. In your response, you should

express and support your personal opinion

make a contribution to the discussion in your own words

An effective response will contain at least 100 words. You have ten minutes to write.

Professor: Today, we’re discussing the ethics of targeted advertising. Some people argue that online advertising which uses personal information to target specific people is an invasion of privacy. Others argue that it’s simply an acceptable way to reach consumers with products and services they’re interested in.What’s your take? Do you think targeted advertising is ethical, or is it an invasion of privacy?

Jessica: I think targeted advertising is an invasion of privacy. Advertisers shouldn’t be able to track and use our personal information to sell us products. It’s not fair to consumers, and it’s a violation of our rights. Instead, advertisers should focus on creating high-quality ads that appeal to a broad audience. By doing that they can both increase their sales and show respect for their customers.

Mike: I disagree with Jessica. I think targeted advertising is ethical. It’s a more efficient way to reach consumers with products and services that are relevant to their interests. With the money they save by using more effective marketing techniques, companies can afford to offer lower prices to their customers. Plus,we can always opt-out of targeted advertising by adjusting our privacy settings. As long as advertisers give users a choice, I think targeted advertising can be beneficial for both businesses and consumers.

Let's write this essay topic ....