Your professor is teaching a class on political science Write a post responding to the professor s question In your response you should express and support your personal opinion make a contribution to the discussion in your own words Professor Today we re

Your professor is teaching a class on political science. Write a post responding to the professor’s question. In your response, you should

express and support your personal opinion

make a contribution to the discussion in your own words

Professor: Today we’re going to discuss whether the government should tax unhealthy products, such as sugary drinks and junk food. On one hand, taxing these products could discourage people from consuming them and reduce health problems. On the other hand, some argue that such taxes unfairly target lower-income families who may rely on these products as affordable sources of food. If you had to choose, would you support or oppose taxing unhealthy products? Why?

Sam: I support the idea of taxing unhealthy products. These products are often high in sugar, salt, and fat, which can lead to serious health problems such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. As you said, by taxing these products, the government can discourage people from consuming them and resolve some of these health issues. Moreover, the revenue generated from such taxes can be used to fund advertising campaigns that promote healthy eating habits. Advertising campaigns that encourage healthy lifestyles can have a major impact on the overall wellbeing of society in the long run.

Tanya: I disagree. I believe that such taxes are unfair to families that don’t have a lot of money.Wealthy people will not care about the taxes and their habits won’t change. Additionally, if these taxes are implemented some people might try to save money by purchasing lower-quality products that are cheaper in the first place. That means they could suffer even more health problems. In time, we might become even more unhealthy. There are better solutions to this problem than new taxes.

Let's write this essay topic ....