Balefire Labs Honors JogNog as Best Educational App of 2014

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 01/26/2015 - 19:34

Wakefield, MA (PRWEB) January 26, 2015

JogNog is pleased to announce that it was recognized as Best Educational App of 2014 in Balefire Labs’ second annual competition. Furthermore, JogNog was the only app to win in every subject area covered by the evaluation: English Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science.

With over 200,000 education apps in the iOS and Android app stores, it is difficult for educators and parents to differentiate between the apps because the descriptions and reviews provide little insight on the apps’ instructional quality. Balefire Labs’ online service for parents and educators provides objective evaluations on PreK-12 educational apps based on scientifically-validated criteria. JogNog’s rating places it among the top 2% of all the educational apps reviewed to date by Balefire Labs.

“We’re excited to receive this recognition from Balefire Labs, especially since they evaluated over 2,000 excellent apps in determining this award,” said Stephen Smith, CEO and co-founder of JogNog. “We really appreciate the confirmation of all of our efforts to make JogNog a premier app for learning.”

During the Balefire Labs review process, apps are evaluated based on multiple criteria: instructional design, such as providing feedback for correct answers and mastery-based instruction; usability design, such as reporting with actionable data and utilizing age-appropriate reading level; and additional data, such as whether the app has push notifications or links to social media.

“Balefire Labs is built solely upon our commitment to enhancing children’s education, and we are pleased to see apps like JogNog satisfy our rating criteria,” said Karen L. Mahon, Ed.D., president and founder, Balefire Labs, Inc. “Our rating process makes it easier for parents and teachers to choose credible apps because it provides objective reviews based on scientifically-validated evaluation criteria.”

About JogNog

JogNog provides a formative and summative assessment system that motivates students to learn in an engaging and fun way. Specifically designed to meet teachers’ needs, JogNog delivers test and review questions aligned to Common Core Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and state curriculum standards for grades 2 through 12. JogNog is one of only a few educational apps that has research showing real-world positive impact on state testing proficiency. It is available on the web, iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows phone, and educational tablets such as Amplify and Kuno. For more information about JogNog, visit http://www.JogNog.com.

About Balefire Labs, Inc.

Based in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts, Balefire Labs, Inc. is a provider of tools and services that foster the advancement of children’s learning. Launched in 2013, the new online service provides parents and teachers objective evaluations on PreK-12 educational apps based on scientifically-validated criteria, so they are confident they are choosing products that are most beneficial for their children. It is the only service available that uses objective criteria and makes its evaluation process transparent to parents and teachers so they have peace of mind. For more information, please visit http://www.balefirelabs.com.

Article references
www.prweb.com