Although some people believe in learning facts, but it seems to me that the facts without understanding the ideas and concepts are meaningless.

As my opinion facts are the keys to crack up the other truth and facts and it is not achieving if you do not understand the nature and concept of them; on the other hand, you are able to talk and discuss about a subject that you have a view about it. For example, you have a physics book which is full of rules and facts; you read the book to solve the physics problems but without realizing the concepts of rules and facts, solving the problems is impossible.

It is interesting that in this way people are categorized into two categories; people who just learn facts, no difference the complicated or simple ones, and the other group who cares about realizing them. The first category is about people who do not try to change the current existed trend; they cope with existed situation whether good or bad and accept the conditions as they should be. But people in the second category are totally different; they do not accept everything as an absolute fact. They try to challenge with crises and problems and find a solution for them instead of bearing crises and difficulties as the only possible way. So, for having an active society, we need educated people with the ability of realizing and understanding problems that the best place for working on is schools at the first level of importance and then the universities.

To sum up, to put the issues into a nutshell, the importance of understanding ideas and concepts is at the first level of paying attention than learning just facts.

Are your sure the essay topic is correct?

'To sum up' is equal to 'to put the issues into a nutshell', don't need to put two of them, one is enough.

Try some easier topics first. Like Do you like to eat at home or at restaurant?