Because most environmental issues are complicated individual people can do nothing about them on their own

Because most environmental issues are complicated, individual people can do nothing about them on their own.

Since industrial revolution in the 19 Century, human beings have depended on fossil fuel such as coal and petroleum and developed land and sea in the name of developing. As a result, global warming due to rising of atmosphere temperature, resource depletion, the pollution of sea and land, water shortage have become worldwide problems. Some people say these environmental problems are so complex and extensive that individuals can do nothing themselves. However, I believe that individual can contribute to the environmental improvement in many ways.

Of course, some environmental problems are so complicated and huge that individual cannot solve those problems by oneself. For example, intimate collaboration among countries or governments is needed to control global warming, regulate the pollution of sea and land, prevent natural disaster. To be specific, one man or woman is not able to solve immediately the melting ice of the Arctic. However, considering many environmental problems stem from individual’s ignorance or indifference for a long time, there is much room for environmental improvement.

First of all, individual can improve atmosphere pollution by using mass transportation such as bus or subway instead of driving a car. Since the main culprit of air pollution is car exhaust fumes, if we drive less a car, we can make our atmosphere clear. For example, one citizen group in Daejeon city, which had the worst atmosphere, took an initiative in using public transportation, many people participated spontaneously in the movement. A few years later, the city became the most clean air city. If citizens of the city had not taken part in the movement, air pollution of the city would not have been improved. Thus, it is legitimate to say that how important is individual’s contribution to environmental improvement.

On top of that, individual can contribute to the resource conservation by saving energy, material, and water. Natural resources are limited and end up depleting in the future. Thus, we individually need to save energy and natural resources to utilize renewably environment. For example, when I was a high school student, after my father noticed my house’s electric charge $50 per month was too high, he proposed turn-off-light-movement. It was aimed at saving energy by putting out unnecessary light and the saved money was given us as pocket money. After that proposal, our family could decrease the electric to $20 per month. Through this experience, I made a habit of saving energy.

In conclusion, it is my belief that individual can contribute to improving environmental problems. As representative cases, we can decrease air pollution by using public transportation, and conserve natural resources by saving energy, water, and materials. Never should we forget that this issue has a huge influence in the future.

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater