Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and E-mail have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion?
With globalization and urbanization of the economy, there is a major transformation in the technology. Nowadays, people communicate with telephone and e-mail more frequently. Where ever you are or whatever part of country you are in; you can communicate with telephone or e-mail easily. But with more technology development, there is less personal interaction. people. Therefore, I agree with the statement that telephones and e-mail have made communication between people less personal. There are number of reasons why I agree with that statement:
First, today’s world has become a global village. Telephones and e-mail has connected people from different parts of the world. Major meetings or decisions are taken on phones. You can stay in touch with anyone anywhere. If you are a student or working somewhere, you can connect with your family or friends with any of the communication. As for example, I am working abroad and I can connect with my family via phone or writing an email. It is very easy. But because of this people now don’t meet personally and has created lot of problems. People used to visit their friends house more frequently or attend any function ceremony but now people have an excuse and they make a call or email and inform them.
Another reason is that telephones and e- mail are the fastest way of communication. It not only saves our time but money too. Now, we don’t have to wait too long to book our call, or pay so much money. Most of the time people don’t have time to visit someone’s place or due to lack of money they cannot visit, so people can communicate with them via speaking on phone or by e-mail. For example, recently my cousin got married and I was not able to attend her marriage. So I wrote an email and congratulate her on her marriage.
Last but not the least, though the telephones and email have made our life easier but people don’t meet frequently and there is communication gap between family and friends and it has reduced love and affection also however, earlier, there was not much source of communication and people meet frequently.
In conclusion, I would say that no doubt telephones and emails have made communication between people less personal but it has improved relations between people also.
- The following appeared as part of an article in a magazine devoted to regional life:“Corporations should look to the city of Helios when seeking new business opportunities or a new location. Even in the recent recession, Helios’s unemployment rate was low (70)
- The following appeared in a report presented for discussion at a meeting of the directors of a company that manufactures parts for heavy machinery:“The falling revenues that the company is experiencing coincide with delays in manufacturing. These delays, (50)
- The following appeared in a memorandum written by the assistant manager of a store that sells gourmet food items from various countries:“A local wine store made an interesting discovery last month: it sold more French than Italian wine on days when it pla (40)
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:“Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury’s circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t (60)
- Pets should be treated like family members. (68)
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement? should boys and girls be educated in separate classrooms using different teaching techniques. Give reasons and examples in support of your views. (78)
- It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (80)
- Pets should be treated like family members. (82.5)
- TOEFL integrated writing: work a four-day week. (80)
- Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources, such as forests, animals, or clean water Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (68.66670000000001)