Integrated writing-TPO 11

Integrated writing-TPO 11

In a recent study following to find why young people are reading literature like novels and plays less than before, which might has bad effects on the culture and itself literature, the reading passage holds forth three reasons and the lecture rejects those reasons mentioned in the reading passage.

First reason mentioned in the reading passage is that today’s literature is less imaginative and most of them have nothing to stimulate the audiences to read. While, the lecture explains that this issue is not depends on the not being creative of books. Of course, there are lots of science, political, and history books which are really in high quality, rather than before. In addition, these books are creative which can encourage audience to read.

Second reason based on the reading passage is that people are missing out their benefits of the today’s literature, because of our poor culture and people’s preference for the TV, music video, and web pages rather than the literature. However, the lecture describes that this issue that people are not interested in reading literature is not because we have poor culture. It explains that our culture has changed over time, so people’s needs are changed, too. People need more creative speaks in the contemporary world.

Finally, according the reading passage due to the lack of audiences and poor standards of readers, today’s writers cannot support to write because publishers don’t take a risk by investing on books. On the other hand, the lecture explains that this issue is related to own authors and their faults that there are fewer audiences for reading the written books. So, the issue is not because of the poor culture.