Question Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation buses trains subways Why Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay

Question: Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

Transportation is avery important part of our lives. All of us commute everyday through home and work. Some people hold the opinion that government has to spend money on improving roads and highways. They believe most of people use roads, so it is necessary to improve roads. But some other people have the opposite idea. As far as I am concerned, the latter group and I are on the same page. Some of the most conspicuous factors to support my notion are as follows.

The firdt why I advocate the people who think government should spend more mony for public transportation is that we have to help for having better environment. When you use buses or trains, the pollution in the air is decreased. For instance, I remember one month ago, I read an article about pollution on the earth. It said increasing gases such as co2 and co caused global warming. Some of animals had to migrate from their natural habitat. By increasing tempreture, Some species and plant could not resist, so they have been extinct. Many ices have been melted and it can cause a hazardous problem for our future, if we don not stop producing more warming gases. As you can see, using public transportation has more benefits for us.

Another reason that I want to mention is that improving public transportation needs less money than roads and highways. The government can save more money and increase the budget for improving facilities such as public schools, musuems to name just a few. An experience to verify this fact traces back to my own experience. Five years ago, I lived in the Milto near Tokyo. I used trains to commute everyday from my home to university. Having a car in Japan needs a lot of money. Parking fee and gass price are very high. Most of people can not afford these costs and they use trains and buses. The government passed a law in 1998 that they spent less money on transportation. Because the budget was limited they decided to use 60% of whole budget for improving public transportation, But 40% of the budget was sufficient to improve public transportation. They used excessive money for improving and creating facilities in different quarters. I remember after 5 years, the result was awesome. More people used buses and trains, so the government could save more money for other things. This experience taught me that spending money on public transportation can help to have a better community.

To sum it up, although improved road and highways reduce traffic, or given in some situations people prefer to use cars, if we contemplate all factors mentioned above, we may finally draw the conclusion that advantages of spending money on improving public transportation carry more weight than those of roads and highways. In other word, disadvantages of spending money on roads can be compensated by its advantages. That is why I suggest all governments should consider public transportation as their fisrt priority.

Sentence: The firdt why I advocate the people who think government should spend more mony for public transportation is that we have to help for having better environment.
Error: firdt Suggestion: first
Error: mony Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: By increasing tempreture, Some species and plant could not resist, so they have been extinct.
Error: tempreture Suggestion: temperature

Sentence: The government can save more money and increase the budget for improving facilities such as public schools, musuems to name just a few.
Error: musuems Suggestion: museums

Less content wanted. Sentences should be polished.