Question:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Life is a competition and it is vital to gather useful information concluded ideas and concepts in order to survive in this competition. Nowadays, people are more aware than the past. Therefore, the situation is more arduous for juveniles and youth which forced them to understand ideas and concepts. I will render my view as follow.

First, considering to this fact that beyond any idea there were many endeavours, encourages us to understand them precisely. For example, I have learned Genetic Algorithm as a metaheuristic algorithm for solving complicated problems. My classmate memorized all females and their components very fast and claimed that she is able to solve problems using this algorithm. On the other hand, I started to understand the ideas beyond this algorithm and expanded its' components to various kinds of problems. For instance, in multicommodity network design problem, I considered the arcs in the network as genes in chromosome. I tried very hard and in the end of the term, I prospered to propose a hybrid algorithm based on Genetic Algorithm for solving network design problem. My classmate failed in this course because she did not able to solve a new problem which our professor asked us to solve it. Also, the formulas did not help her to pass the exam.

Second, we will benefit a lot by understanding just one idea or concept. For example, there are many stories describing how one person succeeds by being motivated by one idea or concept. Therefore, we can gain many achievements by one idea which its' imagination is hard.

All in all, trying to understand ideas and concepts makes your brain ready to solve problems creatively. In addition, understanding one idea or concept to help us gain more. However, we can do nothing without learning facts, but understanding ideas and concepts are more crucial.