You are hereTOEFL essay:In general ,people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

TOEFL essay:In general ,people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

sheppard's picture

By sheppard - Posted on 25 September 2005

Today people are living to be much older than ever before. Some of the main reasons for this are the improved health care and better nutrition available to everyone.

Medical care is more available to people. Although not everyone can get the best heath care, everyone can get basic heath care and advice. When people are seriously ill, they can go to a public hospital and be taken care of. Years ago, health care wasn't available to everyone. Some people didn't live near a doctor or a hospital, and others couldn't pay for the care they needed. They made do with herbal medicines or folk remedies. Of course, some of these worked, but not for the more serious diseases.

The quality of medical care has improved. That’s also a factor in longevity. Doctors know more now about what causes disease and how to care it ,Years ago, doctors only knew about the most basic diseases and cures. Medicine was not very advanced. You could die from something as simple as an infection from a cut. Now we have antibiotics and other medicines to help cure infections.

People are also living longer now because of better nutrition. We 're eating better and more healthfully than we used to .That's reduced the number of people with heart disease and cancer. We try to eat low-fat foods and eat more vegetable and fruits ,which are now available year-round.

Improved medical care and healthy eating habits has greatly expanded our life spans. What we need to do now is make sure that everyone in the world has these benefits.

Television advertising directed toward young children (aged two to five) should not be allowed. Do you agree or dis agree with that dya
It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? Use specific reasons and examples to su Ariana2811
Beside John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King which other leader do you admire and give reasons to support. khozaima sticky icon
Why people are living longer nowadays? leox sticky icon
People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your opinion. p. bostanian
Which do you prefer? a job with high salary but few holidays or a job with adequate holidays but low salary. echoqishu sticky icon
The teacher assigns a paper and says that you can either write it by yourself or with other students. Do you prefer to write it alone or with others? Why? paradise_shi
Question:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship between people.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.please refine my essay. faraNY
177- A friend of yours has received some money and plans to use all of it either:•To go on vacation•To buy a car Your friend has asked you for advice. Compare your friend’s two choices and explain which one you think your friend should choose. saharpouya
TOEFL essay:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer. sheppard

TOEFL essay:When people succeed, it is because of hard work, Luck has nothing to do with success.” Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific and examples to explain your position. sheppard
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
TOEFL integrated writing: Endotherms zeezoo
It is sometimes said that borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship. Do you agree? Why or why not? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your answer. RishiB
Integrated essay suggested in TPO12 hajarisfahan
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
TOEFL essay: How do movies or television influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. sheppard
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT GOING TO CLASSES SHOULD BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS. WHICH POINT OF VIEW DO YOU AGREE WITH? ftn sticky icon
TOEFL essay:Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. sheppard

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. peyman_np sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar sticky icon
AsthmaAsthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typi firefly sticky icon
TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to study art and music in secondary school. Use specific reasons and details to support your opinion. Neda.gha
Choose one of the following transportation vehicle and explain why you think it has changed people's lives. Automobile, airplane, bicycle. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers. Ashkan Sabtkar
In general, people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon. Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. Ekhlass1980
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. Ekhlass1980
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. jaanu28
Do you agree or disagree with following statement? All students should be required to study music and art in secondary school. Use specific reasons to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar
Some people say that computers have made life easier and more convenient. Other people say that computers have made life more complex and stressful. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer Ekhlass1980