TOEFL TWE Level 6 and sample essay

TOEFL TWE Level 6 and sample essay

A typical paper at this level 6:
-- effectively addresses the writing task
-- is well organized and well developed
-- uses clearly appropriate details to support a thesis or illustrate ideas
-- displays consistent facility in use of language
-- demonstrates syntactic variety and appropriate word choice though it may have occasional errors

Topic:
Think of the most interesting class you have ever taken. Why did you enjoy this class so much? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

sample essay:
The most interesting class I have taken is art. I enjoy this class purely because of the freedom of choices one can make. The teacher, nor the work, are pressuring. The atmosphere of the classroom is extremely friendly and relaxing. Art class relieves the stress of the more rigorous courses I attend. There is an incredible variety of medias to chose from and one can develop a sense of independence. I enjoy this class particularly because I understand the subject of art.

Art class gives a person the opportunity to explore within the realm of one's imagination. There does not seem to be a barrier for the ideas one wishes to create. The class is filled with pleasures because there is no stress nor worries. Art also helps one go through logical stages of development. Firstly, one makes a rough sketch of the final project and imagines different styles in which it could be done. Secondly, the actual thought process and the creating of the project develops. And lastly, the project is complete and ready for interpretation and viewing.

I greatly believe that one is able to express through pictures and images when the can not explain in words. The inner thoughts of a person come directly through the canvas. The beauty of art is that it can be interpreted in many different ways by the viewer. I adore this subject because of the freedom of expression and the unlimited interpretation.

I have learned a great deal being an art student. I have matured and gained independence while listening to criticism as well. The critcism only helps one expand their thoughts and acknowlegde other's style of thinking. I enjoy this class also because of the relaxed environment, a contrast to the rest of the academic classes. The freedom of choice is wonderfully appealing in my point of view.