The graph below shows the demand for electricity in England during typical days in winter and summer. The pie chart shows how electricity is used in an average English home.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make co

The graph below shows the demand for electricity in England during typical days in winter and summer. The pie chart shows how electricity is used in an average English home.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagrams refer to the average usage of electricity, in England. Precisely, the first one illustrates the average daily use of electricity units, in winter and summer, while the second chart shows the proportion of average electricity use, referring to four categories.

First of all, it is clear that winter was the season which requested more energy with a daily use always above 30,000 units, peaking once at almost 50,000. Just to make a comparison, summer usage only reached 20,000 units in its peak, staying for the rest of the period between 20,000 and 13,000. In detail, summer consume of electricity had a stable trend throughout the 24 hours in an average day, while winter tendency shows two peaks respectively at 3 am and 10 pm, followed by decreases at 12 pm and 7 am.

The second chart tells us about the several uses of electricity, with the production of heating at the first place with more than 52%, where the remaining three categories weighed almost the same, with roughly 15% each.

In conclusion, it is clear that the close relationship between cold months and electricity use dealt with the need of people to heat buildings and water, whereas minor needs were related to other electric devices and machines.