"A recent sales study indicated that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent over the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants that specialize in seafood. Moreover, the majority of fa

"A recent sales study indicated that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent over the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants that specialize in seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about eating healthily. Therefore, a new Bay City restaurant specializing in seafood will be quite popular and profitable. " - GRE Argument 21

This argument's conclusion is that a new Bay City restaurant specializing in seafood would be both popular and profitable. To justify this conclusion the argument points out that seafood consumption in Bay City's restaurants has risen by 30% during the last five years. Also, the argument points out that most Bay City families are two-income families, and cites a national survey showing that two-income families eat out more often and express more concern about eating healthily than they did ten years ago. I find the argument unpersuasive, for several reasons.

First, a 30% increase in seaf...

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre